Sunday, October 10, 2010

Spot of the week: ’67 Shelby Mustang GT 500 Fastback


I recently went to California for a little vacation time and I saw something that made me remember why I love my home state so much. I couldn’t get a picture myself but I need to talk about this badass.

I was driving home when I saw an old Thunder Bird, a ’69 Camaro, and the coup de ta, ’67 Shelby Mustang GT 500 Fastback. Yes. DRIVING! It wasn’t sitting in a garage or a showroom slowly collecting dust as history adored it, it was being loved on the road where it was built for.

This was spectacular to see on the road and I am personally glad that the owner likes to drive their cars around. As a Mustang fan, this was amazing to see. I love the look of the back reaching across the car to the rear making it look like a bullet. Shelby has long been the dominating Mustang performance producer, when it gained its fame on the racetrack and won the hearts of Americans at home. Shelby has continued their legacy with the new Mustang models which produce 540 horses.

Shelby will continue to be the go to mainstream performance Mustang for years to come and the legacy will live in the original powerhouses. As long as people get the word out and drive their Shelby’s, the dream of the muscle car will live on.

No comments:

Post a Comment