Sunday, October 3, 2010

Introducing: Spot of the Week


If you have car eyes and when you’re in the passenger seat you look to the passing traffic to see whats whizzing by, you know what we mean. If not, we can do that job for you.

The Spot of the Week is going to be a compilation of the cars we see, and tell you a little more about them. Mostly it will be the exotics or tricked out cars we see. Or just general cool stuff that will make you begging to see them too.

Sometimes it will be us just calling it as we see it, and any trends we notice. This week I saw a real gem.

I was at rugby practice on the sidelines during a water break, when I heard a soft tremble come from behind me. Lots of cars have over exaggerated mufflers, so I just checked to see what it was (natural reaction). The tremble became a supercharged whine, and as I looked over my shoulder I caught a red flash. I got a close glimpse of it but I was able to see it enough to tell it was a Porsche. Not just a normal Porsche, but it had a spoiler reaching to the skies. It was a red Porsche GT3.

Emptying pockets with a price tag of 115,700 dollars, this beauty will whisk you away on nineteen inch wheels made custom for the GT3. Coming in with 435 horses at 7600 rpm, you can bet this is one mean whip shooting you off the line to sixty in four seconds flat. Of course it would be a race machine though, it’s a Porsche and that’s what you can expect from them.

I personally love this car for its styling, and the GT2, Turbo, and mostly all Porsche’s for that matter. As Porsche’s classic sweeping look of the lights form the profile of the car and swoop all the way back to the rear brawling arches, the GT3 captures this look. The front bumper really sets apart though as the mesh speaks of racing heritage, the beard of the front spoiler yanks it down to the pavement, and the eyes of the car in the headlights are the most definitive of almost any brand out there.

The racing seats are inserted with Alcantara to keep you happy. It also comes with normal amenities necessary for high speed driving, not much. You can get Sirius Satellite radio as an option though. Front and center of the inside is the six speed manual transmission. With the seats down in the back (honestly didn’t know they had them even) you get 3.71 cubic feet of space. Just enough to hold your bags from a small shopping day, or a cooler for the game.

In the back it seems to be all business as the car yet again places itself from the pack. In the rear there are two slits on either side of the bumper, very cool. These two teasers feed your eyes to another distinctive part of the car, the centered dual exhaust system. And like I heard earlier this week, man does it hum. The center piece for me of this car has to be rear wing. This monster of a spoiler doesn’t overtake the car, it simply adds to the refined mastery of the driver’s car with the two face of the track weekend warrior. This double edged blade can be adjusted for track driving as well.

A driver for Porsche called it the perfect combination of functionality and performance, and I agree. I have never driven the car nor will I probably ever. So I cannot comment on its driving capabilities and I have not researched it enough to give a feel to you of how it drives. But damn it does look functional.

Every year these cars get better and better, and that why I love them. Porsche keeps heritage in the headlights and I like that. The never dying shape of the 911 got a very nice facelift with this new edition to the pack, and it’s a gem among jewels.

Thus is spot of the week, giving you personal insight into a car lovers thoughts on the everyday and rare sightings of what the world throws at us. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment